As the temperatures plummet, the lives of millions of people are at risk.
From right here in the UK to across the world, too many people struggle each day in difficult conditions. As winter sets in, their lives are at serious risk due to a lack of protection, heating, shelter and food.
From sub-standard living conditions, to temporary shelters, to the harsh realities of the cold streets, the winter weather is cold-hearted and dangerous to those already in desperate need.
Children, the elderly and those dealing with long-term illness are particularly at risk of hypothermia, pneumonia and starvation. Many will not survive to see a warmer day.
This winter share the love
Your support can help us save some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- The number of people displaced in 2018 is at an all-time high of 68.5 million people. [UNHCR]
- 24 million refugees are struggling to survive in makeshift tents and squalid conditions. [UNHCR]
- 1 billion children around the world live in poverty. [UNICEF]
- In the UK alone, a quarter of a million people are currently homeless. [Shelter]
- An estimated 9,000 people in the UK die each winter from the cold. [BBC]
Our programmes deliver life-saving aid in over 20 countries around the world, including Syria, Gaza, Lebanon, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
From as little as £60, you can make a difference in the battle to beat the cold. Your support could buy:
£60 - Could feed a family in need for a whole month.
£75 - Could provide a family survival pack including food and clothing.
£125 - Could provide a family with heating and fuel.
Winter is here: help them survive.
“Be merciful to those on the earth, so the One above the heavens will be merciful to you.”
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him), Al Tabarani.